About the Total Contact Saddle
Handmade using high quality leather by an English Master Saddler and English stainless steel for the stirrup attachments and English metalwork D-rings.
Total Contact uses the BALANCE of the rider to communicate with the horse. Changes in balance are communicated to the horse through the specially designed saddle which allows such subtle changes to be communicated rather than trying to do the same through several inches of plastic, leather, padding etc as seen in a traditional English saddle.
You will notice that the TCS saddle has no definable shape like an English saddle. To ensure the saddle remains stable and in place with supported spinal clearance, we recommend the EDIX saddle pads with 3Mesh inserts.
The saddle can be paired with a range of either English, Western or both, depending on your preference.
One size fits all.
Booking a trial is the easiest and safest way to make sure the saddle you are wanting to order suits you. Photos don’t compare to an in-person experience and we are on hand to help you every step of the way.
- 14 day trial of a TCS saddle
- Includes hire of an EDIX treeless pad with 3mesh inserts, girth/cinch, leathers, stirrups and any other required accessories.
- 1:1 virtual fitting is included
- Guidance and trial support
- Postage both ways with tracking and insurance fully organised by us*
How Much is the Trial?
The trial fee is €40 (Ireland) /£60 (UK) which includes courier pick up both ways, tracking and insurance – please select your local currency from the menu before placing your order.
We request a security deposit for the trial should the saddle be damaged, lost or stolen. All of the terms are covered in our trial agreement, which must be signed and completed before the saddle will be shipped. A sample form can be viewed here, a digital signature version will be sent out to you when we receive your booking.
How It Works
- Email [email protected] to book a FREE consultation with us so we can make sure we send you out everything you’ll need and advise on the best saddle to trial.
- Pay the saddle deposit & return the trial agreement to us via email.
- Receive the saddle to try for 14 days
- Full virtual fitting experience
- Return the saddle (paid by us)
- Once we receive the saddle back we will return the deposit minus the trial fee and any damages/cleaning (if any!)
- Currently orders are processed with TCS, however we have a special offer on accessories to accompany your purchase.