FREE Hoof Boot Sizing Service
Send us your hoof measurements and we will send you a free sizing report with recommendations on boots. We also offer fit kit hire for all brands we work with, highly recommended if you are just between sizes.
Guide to Taking Photo Measurements
The best time to take these photos is directly after a trim, we can usually size 1-2 weeks post-trim. If your horse is currently shod, the same time applies.
We suggest using a retractable tape measure, any brand will do but one that shows both inches and millimetres is best.
Send 3 Photos Per Hoof
First Measurement – Length
Start from the toe. Note the photo angle, the hoof is clean and bright, we need to see the entire hoof. Make sure the tape starts on the toe without any gaps.
Second Measurement – Width
Place your tape measure across the widest part of the hoof. Make sure the lip of the tape is pressed against the hoof wall without gaps and that the measure is straight.
Third Photo – Front
Please provide a photo of the hoof straight on so we can assess the shape and any flare. This will help us determine the types of boot that will fit.
If sizing for Swiss Galoppers please also provide the image and size for the whole foot length as shown so we can determine whether your horse will need an -L size.
Please do not take a standing photo from above, but really from the bottom at the same level with the hoof – see pictures.
Label Your Photos
To help us identify each hoof, please label photos (you can add text in your phone’s photo editor or on your PC you can rename the files). Suggested text: RF (Right Front) LF (Left Front) RH (Right Hind) LH (Left Hind)
or use the charts below to self-size
Please note that returning due to the wrong size without our free sizing help may be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
Don’t forget our fit kit hire service is available for both brands if you want to be 100% certain before ordering!
Scoot Boot Sizing Charts
Measuring and Fitting your Cavallo Hoof Boots
Cavallo Boots are SIMPLE to MEASURE
1 ) Measure the hoof carefully just AFTER A FRESH TRIM.
2) Measure the length from the heel buttress line to the toe. Do NOT include heel bulbs.
3) Measure right across the widest part of each hoof.>
4) Compare your measurements to Cavallo sizing chart below. Stay within the boot size range as room for growth has already been allowed for between regular trims. The Cavallo Regular sole is best for a hoof that is measuring the same length and width. The Slim sole is 1/4 inch (6 mm) narrower than long and better suited to a more oval shaped hoof.
5) Please re-measure if the length is greater than the width by two sizes, 1/2 inch (12mm) or more.
IMPORTANT: OUR MEASURING TOOL MAY NOT PRINT TO SCALE (which could result in incorrect sizing). Please check measurements against a ruler before proceeding to measure.
- The weight-bearing LENGTH indicates the size necessary. Take width measurements as well since that helps to confirm you have chosen the correct size
- You may wish to measure each hoof as they may differ in size requiring two different pairs.